Recycling Program Breckenridge Hills is going green!
WHAT IS "SINGLE-STREAM" RECYCLING?Single-stream recycling means that all recyclable materials—paper, glass aluminum and most types of plastic—can go into one container or clear plastic bag. You won't need to sort items into multiple containers.
HOW CAN YOU RECYCLE?Please bring your recycled waste to the Street Department yard located at the corner of Breckenridge and Pasteur. You will then place the waste in blue totes located outside the main entrance on Breckenridge. Look for the signs and remember no trash please!
WHAT ITEMS CAN BE RECYCLED?The following material can be recycled ONLY if they are clean (free of food waste.) A good rinse should be sufficient for most items!
- Plastics marked with numbers 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 or 7 (no #6)
- Aluminum cans
- Aluminum trays and foil (cleaned)
- Aerosol cans
- Steel and tin cans
- Glass jars and bottles
- Lids to bottles, jugs, jars and other containers
- Newspapers and inserts (remove plastic sleeves)
- Magazines, catalogs, phone books
- Office and school paper
- Boxboard (cereal boxes, etc.)
- Brown paper bags
- Paperback books
- Paper-only junk mail
***These items may NOT be recycled through residential pickup:
- food waste
- used paper plates
- towels and napkins
- plastic bags (return these to grocery stores)
- plastic wrap
- stick-on labels
- stamp sheets and post-it notes
- #6 plastics
- Styrofoam (egg cartons, foam drink cups, etc.)
- glass from windows
- dinnerware or ceramics
FOR MORE INFORMATION PLEASE CALL CITY HALL (314) 427‑6868 – or – ALLIED WASTE CUSTOMER SERVICE (636) 947‑5959 https://stlouis.disposal.com